Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blue Sky Drive

Blue Sky Drive - 6 x 6"- Oil- Opening bid $65
Here it is. What the people of Southern California have to put up with day after day. Blue skies, day in, day out.

Click to bid

Actually I've had quite a good start to this daily painting thing. I am more than slightly addicted. I've posted a couple of dozen small daily paintings and I have to control the urge to check the stats and see if they are gathering interest. My biggest quandary is, should I paint only one subject matter? Or at least concentrate on mainly one thing? Perhaps I should reevaluate that in another month.

Artist's tip:
When 'plein air' or landscape painting, do the lay-in of the big shapes in one shade of a neutral color. ( I used ultramarine mixed with a terre vert type green.) Your painting will have a unified quality to it. Over the initial lay-in you can then add various colors and you'll find the original lay-in color influencing what lies on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment